In honor of Matthew Negedly, the founder of the Orlando Fire Conference, this Scholarship Program will recognize leadership in the fire service, passion for the profession, excellence in firefighter training, and service to the community.
The goal of this program is to raise awareness of PTSD in the fire service, while recognizing and rewarding those who exemplify leadership, mentoring, and training to leave the profession better than you found it.
- 10 firefighters will be chosen to receive a free registration to attend the 2020 Orlando Fire Conference.
- Conference registration will be paid for by Safety Components, PBI, and the Orlando Fire Conference.
- One of the 10 scholarship winners will be chosen by the OFC board to receive Hotel, Flight, and FDIC registration paid for by Safety Components and PBI.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
- Candidates will submit a minimum 500-word essay or 3 – 5 minute video to the OFC Board explaining why they should win the scholarship OR someone else can submit the essay or video on behalf of the candidate.
- The OFC Board will consider the following when choosing the 10 scholarship winners and FDIC prize:
- The OFC Board will consider the following when choosing the 10
scholarship winners and FDIC prize:
- Leadership within their fire department or the fire service.
- Commitment to training above and beyond what is expected.
- Extraordinary involvement in the community.
- Passion for the Profession or “Paying it Forward” by passing on information.
- Please cite specific examples for each of the above listed categories.
Submissions must be received by Tuesday December 31, 2020 for consideration.
Winners will be announced on Friday January 15, 2021. Winners will be notified via phone, email, and your name will be posted on our website www.orlandofireconference.com .